Resources for Beginners
If you are just starting as a solver in the MIT Mystery Hunt, some of the resources below may prove useful. We have included some readings on the general art of puzzle solving, and links to a few selected puzzles that you can use for practice.
- Beginner's Guide, from Mission Street
- Puzzling Basics, from Puzzled Pint
- Introduction to Puzzlehunts, by Brian Chen
- Left Out recorded their 2020 How to Hunt Workshop:
- How to Hunt Workshop from One Fish, Two Fish, Random Fish, Blue Fish in 2016
- Puzzle Solving Guide, from mezzacotta
- Acme's "Have You Tried" (PDF), by ACME
- Thinking About Puzzles, by Allen Rabinovich
- The Atlantic's Guide to Solving Cryptic Clues, The Atlantic Monthly
- Sarcone and Waeber's Rules to Puzzle Solving, Archimedes-lab.org
- betaveros's "Have You Tried"
- teammate Hunt's "Have You Tried"
To be added soon!