Romantic triangles are all very well, but as Descartes could have told you, there are other romantic shapes.
Some circles don't "pair up," no sir!
Our speakers, yes, all kiss
In sets of four (which means six pecks); lest
(Oops!) this go amiss,
Find each one's score (one over zir
Own radius of curvature).
Zir score, within this ode I've writ,
Will pick one word; when saying it
What sound would first (on Zoom perhaps)
Pass through those lips that purr?
- Harold (bendiness score 0.2) overcame his timidity with Mary (bendiness score 1.8), and with Ronald (bendiness score 2.7) and me (at high bendiness), and you wouldn't have heard a word from any of us during that big mutual kissfest! (1924)
- It was very comradely how she (bendiness score 0.3) kissed Leon (bendiness score 9.9), and Swana (bendiness score 1.2) kissed both of them, and all three kissed me (at low bendiness)! (1939)
- Extra! Extra! Walter (bendiness score 6.9) kissed Hildy (bendiness score 1.6), who kissed Bruce (bendiness score 0.4), who kissed Walter, who kissed me (at low bendiness) while I kissed Hildy and Bruce, in a pre-weekend free-for-all! (1940)
- That New England mistletoe was powerful enough to get Elizabeth (bendiness score 5.9), John (bendiness score 0.6), Jefferson (bendiness score 0.2), and me (at low bendiness) all kissing each other! (1945)
- "Pinky" (bendiness score 0.1) and "Pinkie" (bendiness score 2.5) were kissing after their big court case, and Kip (bendiness score 8.4) came along and kissed both of them — no bones about it, I (at low bendiness) just had to kiss all three! (1949)
- Having deduced that Bunny (bendiness score 2.0) and Richard (bendiness score 0.9) and I (at high bendiness) were all kissing, Emmy (|bendiness score| = 0.4) made a calculated move, and embraced all of us and kissed us! (1957)
- There was nothing plastic about the way Emmy (|bendiness score| = 0.3) embraced Jonathan (bendiness score 7.7) and Roxie (bendiness score 0.8) and me (at low bendiness), and kissed us while we kissed each other! (1987)
- As Howard (bendiness score 8.4) kissed Peter (bendiness score 0.6) while I (at low bendiness) kissed them both, Emily (|bendiness score| = 0.2) embraced us all, kissing Howard and Peter stylishly but me less so! (1997)
- As she (bendiness score 1.6) mentioned in her journal, when Daniel (bendiness score 0.4) and Mark (bendiness score 8.5) and I (at low bendiness) all kissed her, we would also kiss each other! (2001)
- She (bendiness score 2.2) and Josh (bendiness score 1.5) and Helen (bendiness score 0.3) and I (at high bendiness) all... well, you know! (2001)
- I (at high bendiness) kissed David (bendiness score 1.4) and Natalie (bendiness score 2.6) as they kissed each other, and the President of the United States (|bendiness score| = 0.1) embraced all of us and kissed us — with affection in fact! (2003)
- Being in a three-dimensional world made it much easier for Giselle (bendiness score 4.8) and Edward (bendiness score 0.4) and Robert (bendiness score 0.4) and me (at high bendiness) all to kiss each other! (2007)
- When Peter (|bendiness score| = 0.3) finally remembered that that actress (bendiness score 2.0) and Rachel (bendiness score 9.3) and I (at low bendiness) were kissing on the beach, and embraced all of us, we all kissed him! (2008)
- When Leslie (bendiness score 0.2) and Morgan (bendiness score 0.3) and I (at high bendiness) kissed Scott (bendiness score 3.8), we also kissed each other to give him time to recover! (2010)