Show canned hints
These are cryptic clues, although they seem longer than usual.
As the clue numbers might imply, these clues fit a 5x5 grid.
The cryptic clues have multiple wordplay/definition parts, sometimes up to four.
Here is a list of wordplay/definition splits:
Dance, replacing roasted heart with medium / Kobe / beef originally ingested by mother / snake
Misguided principal at high school / oddly meant this / turned fake over time
|extract, no morse||
Now it's time to use (3 down). The clues generally have multiple definitions or wordplays or both. Typically, in a cryptic clue, the wordplay portion is longer than the definition portion.
Enter the letters you get (one per clue) into the blanks at the bottom, starting with the Across clues and then doing the Down clues.
You should get a cryptic clue as a final cluephrase; this one works normally.
Remember to use the enumeration to this puzzle (7 across)
The cryptic clue is just 3 words; the first word is the definition and the second and third words form the wordplay.
LOUD represents a single letter.
- Dance, replacing roasted heart with medium Kobe beef originally ingested by mother snake
- Everything taking to a cost at endless polls
- Prime brew of ether ash conceals start of hidden letter count of this puzzle's answer
- Confused shore firefighter uncovered western cresol after first hiding parts of those remains
- Didn't pay attention to beginning signs, jumped uncentered, was knocked out and metaphorically died
- Misguided principal at high school oddly meant this turned fake over time
- Massachusetts town playwright Fugard is outspoken jerk with a lisp
- Piece detailed the next step to this puzzle: British inspector
- Censorship: above-average cover up
- Drunkenly alter notification (wary retweet) after beer
_ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _