Each of the answers is the name of a dog that has won the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Ordering the dogs by the years they won matches them to the 1st-6th place ribbons.
For each time their place is shown, the number of attached ribbons should be used to select that letter out of the kennel name (this is the word that comes first in the official dog names.) This spells out JUSTIFIED CHAMPIONS.
- 1927 Pinegrade Perfection
- 1974 Gretchenhof Columbia River
- 1986 Marjetta's National Acclaim
- 1990 Wendessa Crown Prince
- 1996 Clussexx Country Sunrise
- 2007 Felicity's Diamond Jim