Reverse Dimension Doctor 2
by Foggy Brume
Companion Half: His Gentlemanly Scotsman, Jamie McCrimmon
Row answers are entered consecutively in each row. Trail answers start at the top letter follow a winding path down the mountain.
- COMPLEMENT OF SUITS AND HONORS IN MHING
- ZESTING/GODDESS/SUSTAIN/NUMBERS/SANFORD/DREAMED/DESPOTS/STEPS UP/PULSARS/SASHAYS/SNIDELY
- HEPBURN/HEADIER/HIGH SEA
Row 5 reveals the clue COMPLEMENT OF SUITS AND HONORS IN MHING. In the card game Mhing, the three main types of cards are Suits, Honors, and the Companion answer FLOWERS.
Doctor Half: The Rumpled Man with a Bowl Cut, the Second Doctor
Each of the Rumpled Man's images shows 6, 7, and 8 cards in three rows from a specific game. Each image corresponds with one of the peaks from the Companion half. Squares that belonged to a path on that peak are cards that are "on the path of enlightenment", and thus follow one of the eight rules given. Other cards have "strayed off the trail," and do not follow that rule. Solvers must determine which cards in the bottom row also fit that rule.
- Chez Greek (HERE): Characters are all female (21, 24, 13, 7)
- Unexploded Cow (UNOD): Name contains five letters (8, 37, 31, 43)
- Monopoly (2004 World Series Red Sox Edition) (MNOY): Card corresponds with a property named for a state in the base game (30, 42, 26, 17)
- Guillotine (UIOT): Card appears at least twice in the deck (32, 1, 29, 27)
- Who Stole Ed's Pants? (WHST): Card depicts something wearable (18, 23, 38, 34)
- Cannibal Pygmies in the Jungle of Doom (NNIA): Word at bottom of card is a geographical feature (33, 9, 41, 35)
- Spite & Malice (SIT&): Number is prime (14, 19, 2, 39)
- Zombies!!! (MIES): Card plays differently in front of a certain location (40, 10, 12, 4)
- The Settlers Of Catan Card Game (TSTT): Card requires exactly one wool (16, 44, 5, 22)
- Knightmare Chess (2nd edition) (IHTM): Card's title is a person (3, 6, 20, 25)
- Trivial Pursuit (TIVI): Arts & Entertainment answer, as it was given on the card, is one word (28, 15, 11, 36)
Put the corresponding letters and symbols from the game name into the grid (e.g., for TRIVIAL PURSUIT, the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th cards meet that criteria, so you would take TIVI). This spell the message IT IS THE UNIVERSITY WITH THE MOTTO MOUNTAINS & MINDS. That university is the Doctor answer, MONTANA STATE.
Doctor and Companion Clue:
The combined clue is MONTANA STATE FLOWERS. The state flowers of Montana are BITTERROOTS.