by Foggy Brume
Answer: FATU HIVA
Each small diagram consists of four islands that are part of an island chain. If one alphabetizes the answers, you'll get two letters: one to start at, one to end at.
- CANARY (El Hierro, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Tenerife) Start at Z, end at R
- FAROE (Bordoy, Eysturoy, Sandoy, Sudoroy). Start at N, end at B
- FOX (Amaknak, Sanak, Unalaska, Unimak). Start at N, end at U.
- HAWAIIAN (Kauai, Lanai, Maui, Molokai). Start at A, end at K.
- MARIANA (Alamagan, Anatahan, Guam, Pagan). Start at L, end at T.
- PARACEL (Drummond, Duncan, Lincoln, Money). Start at M, end at D.
- QUEEN CHARLOTTE (Burnaby, Graham, Langara, Moresby). Start at H, end at B.
- WESTMEN (Geirfuglasker, Heimaey, Hellisey, Surtsey). Start at F, end at K.
In the large diagram, fill in the circles so that the name of the island chain can be spelled started and ending at the labelled circles. You'll get the following result:
The red numbers give the length of the clue phrase that can be spelled out along the red paths only: MOST SOUTH OF MARQUESAS. The answer is FATU HIVA.